United Airlines Adds Daily Flights from Newark International Airport to Montrose-Telluride (MTJ)
Winter Schedule of Nonstop Flights Includes Service from 11 Major U.S. Hubs to MTJ & TEX
TELLURIDE, Colorado (October , 2018) – United Airlines, in partnership with the Colorado Flights Alliance, has committed to a significant increase in winter flight frequency between Newark International Airport (EWR) and Montrose-Telluride Regional Airport (MTJ) for the 2018–19 ski season. During the holiday travel season and the core of the winter ski season, service will increase from twice-weekly flights on Saturdays and Sundays to daily service, 7 days a week.
Newark flights will run daily from Dec. 19, 2018 – Jan. 6, 2019 and Feb. 16, 2019 – Mar. 30, 2019, and on Saturday & Sunday from Jan. 12, 2019 – Feb. 10, 2019. These new flights are available for reservations immediately.
“The New York City metro area is one of the largest ski markets in North America and it’s an important destination market for Telluride as well.” said Bill Jensen, CEO of Telluride Ski Resort. “Working with United Airlines to increase the frequency of new flights and access options for guests traveling from the northeastern U.S. has been a top priority for Telluride and we anticipate our guests will welcome this increase in nonstop flights between Newark and Montrose.”
A notable change for guests traveling from or through New York to Telluride is that the weekly flights between La Guardia (LGA) and Montrose (MTJ) will be absorbed by the expanded Newark frequency.
In addition to the daily flights and increased service from the northeast, for the upcoming winter United Airlines is also adding daily flights during the December/January holiday period from San Francisco (SFO) to MTJ in addition to regularly scheduled three-times-weekly service throughout the season.
American Airlines is also increasing service to Telluride this winter by providing larger jets, the 160-seat Boeing 737-800, on the Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) – Montrose (MTJ) morning flight, two flights per day through the season, and up to three flights a day over the holidays.
With this additional service Telluride’s 2018-19 winter season will see a 7% increase in available seats to the two airports serving Telluride (MTJ & TEX).
“The mission of the Colorado Flights Alliance is to foster economic growth and sustainability for the western slope of Colorado through an industry-leading airline program,” said Matt Skinner, Colorado Flights Alliance CEO. “We’re very proud of the partnerships we’ve built with the major airlines and the progress the organization has achieved in adding seats and flight frequency to Montrose and Telluride from key destination markets, year-round.”
Summary of winter flights by airline:
United Airlines into Montrose-Telluride Regional Airport (MTJ):
- Daily flights to/from Chicago O’Hare (ORD), December 20 – April 2
- Daily flights to/from Houston (IAH), December 19 – March 30
- Daily flights to/from Newark (EWR), December 19 – January 6 & February 16 – March 30, with Saturday & Sunday flights January 12 – February 10
- Saturday & Sunday flights to/from Los Angeles (LAX), December 22 – March 30
- Daily flights to/from San Francisco (SFO), December 19 – January 6, with Wednesday, Saturday & Sunday flights January 12 – March 31
- Up to six (6) daily flights, year-round, to/from Denver (DEN)
United Airlines’ partner, Boutique Air, into Telluride Regional Airport (TEX):
- Multiple daily flights, year-round, to/from Denver (DEN)
American Airlines into Montrose-Telluride Regional Airport (MTJ):
- Daily flights, year-round, to/from Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) with up to three (3) daily flights throughout the winter
- Daily flights to/from Phoenix (PHX), December 19 – April 1
- Daily flights to/from Chicago (ORD), December 19 – January 7, with Saturday flights
January 12 – March 30
- Daily flights to/from Los Angeles (LAX), December 15 – January 7, with Saturday flights February 17 – March 31
- Saturday flights to/from Charlotte (CLT), December 22 – March 30
Delta Airlines into Montrose-Telluride Regional Airport (MTJ):
- Daily flights to/from Atlanta (ATL), December 20 – January 2, with Saturday & Wednesday flights January 5 – March 31
- Daily holiday flights to/from Salt Lake City (SLC), December 22 – January 2
Allegiant Airlines into Montrose-Telluride Regional Airport (MTJ):
- Wednesday & Saturday flights to/from Los Angeles (LAX), December 19 – March 30
View a summary of winter flights by city on www.tellurideskiresort.com/flights.
*Schedules subject to change. United flights may be serviced by United Airlines or United Express. American flights may be serviced by American Airlines or Envoy/American Eagle.
Media Contact: Tom Watkinson – email@example.com – 970.369.2106
About Colorado Flights Alliance
Colorado Flights Alliance is an economic development organization that provides non-stop air service to the Telluride Airport (TEX) from Denver (DEN), and to the Montrose Airport (MTJ) from Dallas (DFW), Houston (IAH), Chicago (ORD), Charlotte (CLT), Newark (EWR), Phoenix (PHX), Atlanta (ATL), Los Angeles (LAX) and San Francisco (SFO), along with Denver (DEN) service. For more information, visit www.coloradoflights.org.
About Telluride Ski & Golf Resort
Telluride Ski & Golf Resort, rated the #1 ski resort in North America five out of the last six years by Condé Nast Traveler, offers visitors an unparalleled combination of world-renowned ski terrain, spectacular scenery, unspoiled character, and signature hospitality. Nestled in the 13,000 and 14,000 foot peaks of Colorado’s majestic San Juan Mountains, the acclaimed resort offers over 2,000 skiing acres with some of the most legendary terrain in the Northern Hemisphere. Telluride is served by two regional airports; Telluride (TEX), just 10 minutes from town and the slopes, and Montrose (MTJ), a 75-minute shuttle ride to the resort.