After a record-setting winter, Telluride/Montrose Airport (MTJ) will see increased flight access for the upcoming summer season. The new schedule, recently announced by Colorado Flights, will include daily direct flights from Chicago (ORD), as well as extended daily service from Dallas (DFW) and Houston (IAH).
This summer, the region will now see direct flights from five major hubs:
- Chicago-O’Hare International Airport (ORD) – United Airlines will increase service from Chicago with daily service from July 1 – August 15. Wednesday and Saturday service will run June 11 – 20 and August 17 – September 3.
- Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) – American Airlines will offer daily flights from Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport from June 2 through October 5, allowing for easy access to the region for later season festivals and the peak gold leaf season.
- Houston George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) – Daily direct service on United Airlines will begin on June 11 and run through September 4.
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) - Those traveling from the Los Angeles region can fly twice-weekly on American Airlines, with direct flights scheduled for Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- Denver International Airport (DEN) – Direct flights from Denver will be running up to five times daily throughout the summer.