The Telluride Adventure Center works with Colorado’s premier helicopter ski company, Telluride Helitrax , to bring advanced-intermediate to expert skiers and snowboarders the memory of a lifetime at some of the highest elevations in North America.
The Helitrax Eurocopter S350 B3e helicopter allots guests exclusive access to over 200 square miles of high alpine basins, cirques and summits. Backcountry enthusiasts can expect an average of six runs over the course of a day, totaling approximately 10,000 to 14,000 vertical feet.
Book Your Tour
136 Country Club Dr
Guided Heli-Skiing and Snowboarding Tours
|Single Day Heli-Ski Trip||$1,345.00|
|Custom Heli-Ski Tours (two hour flight time minimum)||$7,000 per hour|
|Heli-Assisted Ski Touring||$450 per person|
|15 minute Scenic Tours||$900 per flight|
|Backcountry Ski Touring||1:1 $400, 1:2 $250, 1:3 $200, 1:4 $175|
Almost all of the terrain Helitrax has access to is above tree line with some landings above 13,000 feet. Most days start with a moderate angle run (equivalent to double blue, as rated by Telluride Ski Resort) to assess the conditions and group ability levels. Helitrax guides will then select appropriate terrain for the group based on snow conditions, avalanche hazard, and group ability. A day with Telluride Helitrax has the ability to be the best ski or snowboard day of your life.
- Please contact Telluride Helitrax for specific single and semi-private tour pricing and terms. We ask that guests provide us with their preferred date and alternate available dates. Trips will be refunded or rescheduled if flying conditions are deemed unsafe.
- You will fly and ski or snowboard in a group of 4 guests with 1 guide and 1 pilot a operating the helicopter. Parties larger than 4 will be split up between loads.
- While there are no age requirements, Helitrax requires that guests under the age of 16 be accompanied by an adult guardian.
- Coffee and tea in the morning, enough water to hydrate guests for the entire day, a mid-day lunch, snacks and, après ski refreshments and snacks at the Peaks Resort.
- 6 runs, approximately 10,000 vertical feet to 14000 vertical feet of skiing
- Use of our avalanche transceiver and airbag pack. Our guides provide an orientation on proper-use for guests to fully familiarize themselves with the equipment.
- Guests are permitted to use their own equipment, but powder skis and poles are available, free-of-charge and we recommend their use for the best experience.
WHAT TO BRING/RECOMMENDED ATTIRE:
- Dress for a day of skiing or snowboarding as you would to ski at the top of the ski resort. To ensure maximum warmth and comfort, guests should wear waterproof, breathable, synthetic (non-cotton) layers underneath their waterproof jacket and snow pants. A warm, insulating layer (wool, fleece or synthetic loft) to go over one’s base layers and under their waterproof jacket is also encouraged.
- Participants are responsible to bring their own boots, helmet, goggles, neck gaiters, and hand and/or foot warmers for extra-chilly conditions.
- Please limit personal belongings, there is a limited amount of room in your issued backpack but due to weight restrictions of the helicopter we reserve the right to limit baggage. You may leave your shoes and personal belongings at the Helitrax office while you are heli-skiing.
Book Your Tour
136 Country Club Dr