Telluride Golf Club
The Most Beautiful Place You'll Ever Play
The Telluride Golf Club features an 18-hole par-70, 6,574-yard course tucked within the highest concentration of 13,000 and 14,000 foot peaks in the United States.
The natural beauty and splendor of the surrounding mountains and wildflowers will take your breath away as you tee off at 9,417 feet, an altitude that puts Telluride Golf Club amongst the highest golf courses in the world. The altitude works to your advantage as Telluride's air creates less resistance against the golf ball during flight, translating to longer drives.
Set on Turkey Creek Mesa, the course was designed to take advantage of rugged terrain formed by Telluride’s glacial retreat thousands of years ago. When building the course, architects took care to protect the delicate grasslands and forest that are home to elk, bear, lynx and other animals.
Club rentals are available at the Golf Pro Shop. Call the Golf Pro Shop at (970) 728-2606 for information and pricing.
Whether a corporate outing, a fundraising event, wedding party or special event, the Telluride Golf Club welcomes Group Outings of all sizes. Our group golf services include tournament scoring, catering, and awards presentations.
Contact DJ Poland at (970) 728-7526 or
email firstname.lastname@example.org availability and pricing.
Click here for additional information about Group Outings.
about the course
- Telluride Golf Club opened for play in 1992. The par-70 course offers four sets of tees, with distances ranging from 4,700 yards (red tees) to 6,574 yards (gold tees).
- The 18-hole layout is surrounded by the highest concentration of 14,000-foot mountains in the United States and offers picturesque views from the opening hole to the final green. Three mountainous landmarks encircle the club – the Sneffels Range, the San Sophia Range and Mount Wilson – while fir and aspen forests are prevalent throughout.
- At 9,417 feet, the opening hole features one of the nation’s most elevated tee areas, while No. 17 features a 92-step climb from the cart path to the tee box, revealing sweeping panoramic views of the towering San Miguel mountain range.
- An ancient barn straddles the 10th hole and once belonged to the property’s original rancher. During the resort’s infancy, it served as the Nordic center.
- The Telluride golf season typically opens the last week of May and lasts through the first Sunday in October. Green fees vary, and tee times are available to the public between 12 p.m. and 6 p.m.
AMENITIES & updates
- Golf carts, equipped with state-of-the-art Global Positioning System (GPS), assist golfers with course navigation.
- Telluride Ski & Golf Club Platinum and silver memberships encompass golf, skiing, snowboarding, spa, fitness, dining, social events and other private amenities and exclusivities.
- The club expanded its game-improvement platform a year ago, naming Dale Abraham director of instruction. The 2013 Southwest Section PGA Teacher of the Year also is the club’s director of golf, managing the club’s overall operations, offering private lessons, and overseeing junior and golf fitness programs.
- Last season, the club completed a major expansion of the practice facility designed by noted course architect Ken Kavanaugh.
Book Tee Times Online