Slopeside Ski Valet & Lockers & Base Club
Slopeside Ski Valet and Lockers
Slopeside Lockers and Ski Valet is looking for energetic, service-oriented individuals to join our team. No experience necessary – we will train the right people with the right attitude. This is a non-skiing position with optional ski breaks.
Base Club, exclusive membership locker room, is looking for energetic, service-oriented individuals to join our concierge and guest service team. Only applicants with a passion for providing unmatched guest service need apply! Preferably applicants with preexisting knowledge of the ski area and region.
No Ski or Snowboard Assessment Required
John Young, Director of Resort Services
Personal Cell (970) 728-7359
- Interests/Passions: Reading, and volunteering in the community as many ways as possible!
- Favorite Ski Run: Ask me that on the chairlift and I will give you the truth.
- Telluride Insider Tip: If you find a place to live, and share a room you pay less for rent. Multiple that by 10 people, and you practically live for free!
- Favorite Snack: Everything is a snack depending on the time of day.
- Favorite Quote: “Live Free or Die” – John Stark
- Family: My family includes 85 of the hardest working women and men in Telluride.
Conrad Kortz, Slopeside and Ski Valet Manager
- Interests/Passions: I love the outdoors, hiking, jeeping, skiing, hunting, fishing, camping if I can be outside that is where you will find me!
- Favorite Ski Run: Galloping Goose, I am still learning so any trail I can finish in one piece is a good trail!
- Telluride Insider Tip: Park the car and walk, your feet will get you there faster.
- Favorite Snack: Corn Dogs.
- Family: I have been married for 18 years to my awesome wife Corbie Kortz, we have 6 kids and 6 grandkid with more of them to come.
Molly Norton, Guest Services Manager
- Interests/Passions: Cheering on Team USA in any Olympic sport, eating chili and watching the Denver Broncos, tailgating Iowa Hawkeye football games, being crafty and creative, and, of course, playing in the great outdoors!
- Favorite Mtn Bike Trail: Prospect and looking forward to cruising the new flow trail.
- Telluride Insider Tip: For those commuting to Telluride, watch out for the deer and elk in the road!
- Favorite Snack: Homemade peanut butter/energy balls.
- Favorite Quote: "What better place than here. What better time than now."
- Family: Casey (husband) and our rescues, Leona (rat russell) and Izzy (rhodesian ridgeback & lab-ish).
Patty Pitts, Base Club Manager
- Interests/Passions: I love to travel and have new adventures especially in my RV named “Riggy”. I spend every chance that I can get outside hiking, skiing, cross country skiing, camping or just hanging out. I am a regular festival goer and love every festival that Telluride has to offer.
- Favorite Ski Runs: Satisfaction, Allais Alley and Henry’s bumps - but really I have fun on any run on the mountain especially if the weather is nice and I’m with my ski buddies!
- Telluride Insider Tip: It’s a dream to live here. Once you live here, you realize that you are willing to give up a lot to stay here and that it’s always worth it!
- Favorite Snack: Snickers, hot pretzels, homemade cookies and pigs in the blanket.
- Favorite Quote: "Necessity is the Mother of Invention" I like this quote because I feel it’s the origin of all creativity.
- Family: I have a wonderful fiancé - Eric and two lively children – Andersen and Catherine