Burgers, BBQ, Smokehouse, and Chili
Situated mid-mountain on Misty Maiden, this historic Basque sheep herding ranch serves up mouthwatering burgers, Chuck’s Famous Chili, soups, a variety of fresh salads, and other casual fares daily during the winter season. Stop in to the Smokehouse for unbeatable rotisserie chicken right off the spit, house-made smoked Pulled Pork sandwiches and real Alligator Ribs. You can also kick back and relax with a cocktail on Gorrono's famous beach and listen to live music daily while enjoying the majestic view of Mount Wilson. In the summer months, Gorrono comes to live with private events and weddings.
Gorrono Ranch is looking for individuals who are energetic and willing to learn new skills. We live by the mountain attitude of “work hard and play hard”. The tasks here at Gorrono Ranch are sometimes labor-intensive and can be very fast-paced, but we do reward our employees with ski breaks and flexible schedules when the opportunity comes. Also, although we work on hourly wages, we have a tip pool which brings an extra incentive. Experience is always nice, but we are happy to train any individual, with the right attitude, to do the job.
Gorrono hires Wranglers (aka Bussers and Cashiers), line and prep cooks, dishwashers, bartenders and banquet servers.
Must pass Ski or Snowboard Assessment
Kurtis Murphy, General Manager
- Passions/Interests: fishing, mountain biking, golf, baseball, and snowboarding.
- Favorite Ski Run: Milk Run
- Insider Tip: The summer is just as much fun as the winter, so be prepared to become a year-round local!
- Favorite snack: Red Bull
- Favorite quote: “If you don’t do it this year, you will be one year older when you do.”
- Family: Kurtis has been married for 17 years to his wife, Krista, and father to two boys, Riley—9 and Charlie— 7. He also has a dog named Aspen.