Italian Delicacies & Fine Wine
Alpino Vino is North America's highest elevation restaurant experience. Sitting just under 12,000 feet near the top of See Forever ski run and Gold Hill Express, Lift 14, Alpino Vino offers amazing views from its expansive heated deck. Chef Nicola Peccedi, born and raised in the Alpine Ski Village of Bormio, Italy, prepares handmade pasta dishes, panini, soups, antipasti, and other traditional Alpine dishes. Sommelier Andrew Shaffner compliments Chef Nico's dishes with the widest by-the-glass wine selection in Telluride and some of the finest wines in the world available on the bottle list. In the evening, Alpino Vino transitions into a truly unique adventure. Twenty-six fortunate guests ride the gondola to San Sophia Station where they are greeted and chauffeured via enclosed, heated snow-coach to a private dining experience like no other. Upon arrival, guests are welcomed into the quaint hütte by a roaring fire and a glass of Prosecco. Following is a freshly prepared five course meal of Northern Italian fare, a true epicurean delight. Guests can choose to complement their meal with the specially designed wine pairing or make a selection from Alpino Vino’s impressive wine list.
Alpino Vino supports and develops a staff of professional, driven, hard-working culinary fanatics. We are passionate about food, wine and the good life with a European flair! The Alpino Team is tight-knit, drama-free, and likes to have a good time while we offer one of the greatest restaurant guest experiences on any ski resort in the USA.
Alpino Vino hires servers, back waiters, bussers, bartenders, hosts and all culinary positions in the kitchen.
Must pass Ski or Snowboard Assessment
Andrew Shaffner, Wine Director for Telluride Ski & Golf Resort
Personal Cell (443) 466-9608
- Interests/Passions: Andrew Shaffner is The Wine Director for Telluride Ski & Golf Resort and is a passionate Sommelier and lover of food. He enjoys traveling to distant lands to experience cultural and vinous treasures as much as he does sitting on his own back porch sipping local juice. An avid camper, Andrew loves cooking over a campfire in the great outdoors more than anything! Andrew is pursuing his Master Sommelier Certification and hopes to become one of only 250 Master Sommeliers in the world in the coming years!
- Favorite Ski Run: My commute home from work down See Forever - with the sun setting and whole mountain to myself! Beautiful!
- Telluride Insider Tip: You'll never get a real understanding of what Telluride is by sitting in the bars. Get outside!
- Favorite Snack: I can not get enough pizza!
- Favorite Quote: “Do or do not - there is no try.” – Yoda
- Family: Andrew lives in Ridgway, CO with his wife Rae, 3-year-old son Bond, and 1-year-old son Augustus.
Nico Peccedi, Chef
Personal Cell (970) 708-2216
- Interests/Passions: Hiking, Biking and Horse Riding.
- Favorite Ski Run: Everything on Lift 9.
- Telluride Insider Tip: If you like mushrooms, find them on Lizardhead Pass in August.
- Favorite Snack: Biscotti Ringo.
- Favorite Quote: "Mattino ha l' oro in bocca,” which means, “the early bird gets the worm.”
- Family: My dogs Jazzy and Blue.