SEASON EDIT CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
VOID IN QUEBEC AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Contest Period: The Season Edit Contest (the “Contest”) begins at 9:00 a.m. Mountain Time (“MT”) on December 19, 2016 and ends at 11:59 p.m. MT on April 2, 2017 (“Contest Period”).
- Eligibility: No purchase necessary. This Contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, Mexico, and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are at least eighteen (18) years old or the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence (whichever is older), as of the date of entry. Employees of Telluride Ski Resort (“Sponsor”), and any of their affiliates, parents or subsidiaries, respective parent, subsidiary, and affiliate companies and advertising and promotion agencies and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses), any of their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible. Void in Quebec and where prohibited or restricted by law. Subject to all applicable laws, ordinances and regulations.
- How To Enter: During the Contest Period, you may access the Contest by visiting http://tel.ski/TellurideEdit (“Website”). From the Website, you must complete the online registration form including full name, email address, acceptance of Terms and these Official Rules and including the URL that links to a video of you skiing, riding, or just enjoying winter activities at Telluride Ski Resort (collectively, with registration and video, the “Entry”). Limit one Entry per person. Multiple Contest Entries from any person will not be accepted. All eligible Entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. MT on April 2, 2017, to be eligible. No information regarding Entries, other than as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules, will be disclosed. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such Entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated or computer system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Internet/ data/ usage charges may apply. Incomplete, corrupted, or untimely Entries are void and will be disqualified. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, or misdirected Entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections; or miscommunications, website, computer or software malfunctions, telephone transmission problems, technical failures, garbled transmissions, damage to a user's computer equipment (software or hardware), or other errors or malfunctions of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic or otherwise. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, Internet service provider, or other organization (which may include an employer) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
Entries must be unique. All Entries must comply with the “Entry Requirements” set forth below.
- Entries must be in English.
- Entry may feature additional people in video. If so, please make them aware that you are submitting their image in this Contest and that they agree to the submission of their video. If an additional person is a minor is his/her jurisdiction of primary residence, entrant must be parent or legal guardian of minor depicted. If video features additional people, they (or entrant as parent or legal guardian) may be required to sign a Release Form, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Entry must be original. Entries must not be copied or otherwise plagiarized from any source.
- The Entry must not have been submitted previously in a giveaway or promotion of any kind.
- The Entry must not contain content that is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading.
- Any Entry deemed inappropriate or unsuitable, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be disqualified. Entries must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent (including, but not limited to, nudity, or pornography), profane, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, libelous (including words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group), violent, self-mutilating (e.g., relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), or illegal (e.g., underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.).
- The Entry must not contain or depict material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination, including without limitation, discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age. The Entry must not contain or depict material that is threatening to any person, place, business, group, or world peace or contain words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group.
- The Entry must not contain any content that infringes or may infringe third party rights, including, without limitation, any copyright, name, trademark, logo, trade dress, or other personal or proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity or make reference to any commercial/corporate advertising (including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names, charities, slogans, political, or religious statements), or be otherwise objectionable. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, publicly displayed and publicly accessible Sponsor content, materials, or products are permitted to be displayed in Entries submitted for this Contest.
- Any clothing shown in the video should not contain any visible logos, drawings, cartoons, phrases, trademarks or other third-party content or materials (but showing publicly displayed or publicly accessible Sponsor content, material, and products as described above is permitted).
- The Entry must not include any representation of celebrities, athletes, musicians, or include any anti-social, political or religious groups, any commercial solicitation or promotional materials or name, address, phone number, or URL address. Entries must not contain advertisements, personal solicitations or commercial solicitations.
- Videos may not be owned, taken or edited by a professional photographer or videographer.
- The Entry must not contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, bots, spyware or any other computer code that is intended to damage, interfere with, or surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or information.
- Entrants and all submitted Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor's image as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, or Entry will be disqualified from the Contest. The Entry must not disparage persons or organizations associated with Sponsor.
- Entries must not reference any of Sponsor’s competitors.
Each entrant grants to Sponsor a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive right to copy, distribute, and display each submitted Entry, in any media, and with right to use, copy, modify, edit, and create derivative works therefrom, and agrees to execute documents confirming such right at Sponsor’s reasonable request. By entering, you understand that your Entry will be screened by the Sponsor and may be posted online (and will be posted online at the Voting Website, defined below, if determined a Finalist), to Sponsor’s social media channels, in print or in other media in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to be viewed by members of the general public. By entering, each entrant warrants and represents that his/her Entry is original, has not been previously published or won any award, does not contain any material that would defame or otherwise violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including patents, copyrights, trademarks or rights of privacy or publicity, and will not violate any federal, provincial, state or local laws or ordinances. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any Entry that it believes contains obscene, offensive or inappropriate content, that does not comply with these Official Rules or that is not consistent with the spirit or theme of the Contest. No information regarding Entries, other than as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules will be disclosed.
- FINALIST DETERMINATION VIA JUDGING ON A WEEKLY BASIS: All eligible Entries received by 11:59 p.m. MT each Sunday during the Contest Period will be judged on or about each Monday during the Contest Period, to determine a minimum of (INSERT) Finalists for each week throughout the Contest Period and for the final week, will be judged by 8:59 a.m. MT on April 3, 2017, by a panel of Sponsor representatives (“Judges”), based on the following judging criteria: Quality of Entry (30%): Originality (30%); and Relevance to Theme (40%). The top (XX) Entries determined each week by the judges will be deemed the potential Finalists. In the event of a tie, tied Entries will be re-judged based solely on Quality of Entry. Entrants agree to the decisions of the Judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects. No information regarding Entries or judging will be disclosed to any third party not involved in the conduct of the Contest. Potential Finalists will be notified via email after Finalist determination to let them know of their Finalist status and for verification purposes. If a potential Finalist is found to be ineligible or if potential Finalist does not comply with the Official Rules, said potential Finalist will be disqualified. If a potential Finalist is disqualified for one of the reasons mentioned above, an alternate Finalist will be determined in the same manner for the applicable potential Finalist as described above, time permitting.
- PUBLIC VOTING/WINNER DETERMINATION: Potential Finalists’ Entries will be posted to http://tel.ski/TellurideEditFinalists (“Voting Website”) from 9:00 a.m. MT on April 3, 2017 to 11:59 p.m. MT on April 30, 2017 for the Finalist Voting Period (“Voting Period”). Members of the general public (“Voters”) may cast a Vote (“Vote”) for their favorite potential Finalist during the Voting Period by clicking on the respective button for that potential Finalist’s Entry. Limit one (1) Vote per person during the Voting Period. The eligible potential Finalist with the most valid Votes during the Voting Period will be deemed the potential Grand Prize Winner (subject to verification of Finalist and Votes). The eligible potential Finalists receiving the next two (2) highest amount of valid Votes during the Voting Period will be deemed the potential First Prize winner, and Second Prize winner respectively (subject to verification of Finalists and Votes). In the event of a tie, tied potential Finalists for any prize level will be re-judged by the Judges based 100-percent (100%) on Quality of Entry. Decisions of the Sponsor and judges are final with respect to all matters relating to the Contest. By participating, entrants agree to the decisions of the Judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Under no circumstance will information regarding judging be shared with entrants/Voters. Votes received from any person or e-mail address in excess of the stated limitation will be void. Entrants are prohibited from obtaining Votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public, as determined by Sponsor. The use of scripts, macros, or any other robotic or automatic devices for voting and any other means that subvert the voting process is prohibited, and Sponsor reserves the right to nullify all such Votes and to disqualify the responsible individual from voting and the Finalist, if applicable.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential Grand Prize winner will be sent via email, an affidavit of eligibility or Declaration of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (where legal) and Assignment of Rights (“Affidavit” or “Declaration”) and will be required to complete, sign and return the Affidavit or Declaration via email/fax within three (3) days of being notified in order to claim his/her prize. Potential Frist Prize, and Second Prize winners will be required to confirm their mailing address/execute an assignment of rights prior to prize award. If a potential winner fails to return the required documents within the required time period, or the prize notification is returned undeliverable, or in the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner determined from among all remaining eligible Finalists, time permitting. Prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries are received throughout the Contest Period. Potential winners will also be required to submit via email, to Sponsor, the RAW video files of their Entry in the highest resolution possible (in .mp4 or .mov files) in the timeframe allotted or winner may be disqualified. Potential winners are subject to verification by Sponsor and/or Administrator, whose decisions are final and BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. A potential winner is not a winner of the prize unless and until entrant's eligibility has been verified and winner has been notified that verification is complete. All federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. All federal, state, provincial, municipal and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winner, as applicable.
- PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”): Grand Prize (1): A 2016-2017 Season Pass to Telluride Ski Resort. The ARV of the Grand Prize is $2,000USD. Grand Prize must be used during the 2017-2018 season or prize will be forfeited. First Prize (1): A GoPro 5 Prize Pack. ARV is $400USD. Second Prize (1): A Telluride Swag Bag, including a USD$250 Mountain Money Gift card. ARV is $350USD. The ARV of all prizes is $2,850USD. Limit one (1) prize per person. An expiration date may apply to Gift cards. PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” WITH NO WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY SPONSOR. Gift cards redeemable at Telluride Ski Resort retail locations, lift ticket offices, ski school, on mountain dining and more. See Gift card for specifics. Transportation to/from Telluride/winner’s home not included with any prize. All prizes will be awarded by mail in 6-8 weeks from winner confirmation. All other expenses and costs, not expressly listed above, including, but not limited to, taxes, insurance, telephone charges, room service and laundry services, personal expenses, gratuities, entertainment, transfers, incidental charges, or any other items not specifically described in these Official Rules, any transportation not mentioned within such prize descriptions and all expenses for any of the foregoing are the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution or transfer of prize permitted except as specifically stated in these Official Rules and at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
- GENERAL RULES: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Judges/Sponsor. The Sponsor, and their parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective agents, officers, directors, employees, and assigns (“Released Parties”) are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries/Votes in the Contest or for any liability for damage to any computer system or device resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with the Contest. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry/voting process or the operation of the Contest; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, then the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel the Contest and determine the Finalists from among all eligible Entries received prior to cancellation, based on the same criteria listed in Rule #4 above and if the Voting is compromised then all winners will be determined via the judging criteria listed in Rule #4 above.
- RELEASE: You represent and warrant that: (i) all rights to the Entry belong to and are original to you, or you have written consent to use, and the Entry does not and shall not infringe on any copyright or any other third party right nor violate any applicable law or regulation, (ii) you have the right to grant any and all necessary rights and licenses provided herein, including without limitation, all necessary copyright and other related rights to the Entry, free and clear of all claims and encumbrances without violating the rights of any person or entity, including any right to privacy or publicity, (iii) you hereby hold the Sponsor and Released Parties harmless from and against any third party claim arising from use of the Entry and you waive any right to inspect or approve uses of the Entry or to be compensated for any such uses. Participating in the Contest constitutes permission to the Sponsor and their agencies to use entrants’ and winners’ names, biographical information, pictures/portraits, likenesses, voices and/or Entry, for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. By participating in the Contest, the entrant agrees that Sponsor and Released Parties will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by entrant/Voter for any liability for any bodily injury, loss or damages of any kind to persons, including death, and property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from Entry creation, voting, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, if applicable or participation in the Contest or participation in any Contest related activity. You hereby represent and warrant that you have read these Official Rules and are fully familiar with its contents.
- DISPUTES: You represent and warrant that: (i) all rights to the Entry belong to and are original to you, or you have written consent to use, and the Entry does not and shall not infringe on any copyright or any other third party right nor violate any applicable law or regulation, (ii) you have the right to grant any and all necessary rights and licenses provided herein, including without limitation, all necessary copyright and other related rights to the Entry, free and clear of all claims and encumbrances without violating the rights of any person or entity, including any right to privacy or publicity, (iii) you hereby hold the Sponsor and Released Parties harmless from and against any third party claim arising from use of the Entry and you waive any right to inspect or approve uses of the Entry or to be compensated for any such uses. Participating in the Contest constitutes permission to the Sponsor and their agencies to use entrants’ and winners’ names, biographical information, pictures/portraits, likenesses, voices and/or Entry, for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. By participating in the Contest, the entrant agrees that Sponsor and Released Parties will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by entrant/Voter for any liability for any bodily injury, loss or damages of any kind to persons, including death, and property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from Entry creation, voting, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, if applicable or participation in the Contest or participation in any Contest related activity. You hereby represent and warrant that you have read these Official Rules and are fully familiar with its contents.
- 12. WINNERS LIST: For the first names, last initials and cities/states/provinces of the winners, available after May 15, 2017, for a period of at least 30 days, send an email to email@example.com.
- SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Contest is Telluride Ski Resort, 565 Mountain Village Blvd, Telluride, CO 81435, USA.