Telluride Golf Club
The Most Beautiful Place You'll Ever Play
The Telluride Golf Club features an 18-hole par-70, 6,574-yard course tucked within the highest concentration of 13,000 and 14,000 foot peaks in the United States.
The natural beauty and splendor of the surrounding mountains and wildflowers will take your breath away as you tee off at 9,417 feet, an altitude that puts Telluride Golf Club amongst the highest golf courses in the world. The altitude works to your advantage as Telluride's air creates less resistance against the golf ball during flight, translating to longer drives.
Set on Turkey Creek Mesa, the course was designed to take advantage of rugged terrain formed by Telluride’s glacial retreat thousands of years ago. When building the course, architects took care to protect the delicate grasslands and forest that are home to elk, bear, lynx and other animals. A certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary since 2004, the Telluride Golf Club continues to meet strict criteria for water conservation, habitat protection and biodiversity conservation.
Club rentals are available at the Golf Pro Shop. Call the Golf Pro Shop at 970-728-2606 for information and pricing.
Whether a corporate outing, a fundraising event, wedding party or special event, the Telluride Golf Club welcomes Group Outings of all sizes. Our group golf services include tournament scoring, catering, and awards presentations.
Contact Oulli Durham at (970) 728-7526 or email email@example.com for availability and pricing.
Click here for additional information about Group Outings.
- Telluride Golf Club is located in southwest Colorado in the scenic Mountain Village at the Peaks Resort and Spa.
- The historic village of Telluride sits at an elevation of 8,750 feet. It is the epicenter of the indie film and music industries, and numerous concerts and festivals are conducted through the spring, summer and fall.
- To get to Telluride via air travel, most choose to fly into Montrose/Telluride Airport (MTJ). This modern airport has direct service from nine major cities including Atlanta, Newark, Chicago, Phoenix and Los Angeles. United, Delta, American Airlines and Allegiant are the airlines that service MTJ.
- Telluride Golf Club opened for play in 1992. The par-70 course offers four sets of tees, with distances ranging from 4,700 yards (red tees) to 6,574 yards (gold tees).
- The 18-hole layout is surrounded by the highest concentration of 14,000-foot mountains in the United States and offers picturesque views from the opening hole to the final green. Three mountainous landmarks encircle the club – the Sneffels Range, the San Sophia Range and Mount Wilson – while fir and aspen forests are prevalent throughout.
- At 9,417 feet, the opening hole features one of the nation’s most elevated tee areas, while No. 17 features a 92-step climb from the cart path to the tee box, revealing sweeping panoramic views of the towering San Miguel mountain range.
- An ancient barn straddles the 10th hole and once belonged to the property’s original rancher. During the resort’s infancy, it served as the Nordic center.
- Telluride Golf Club has been a certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary since 2004, meeting strict criteria for water conservation, habitat protection, biodiversity conservation, water quality management and reduced chemical use.
- The Telluride golf season typically opens in May and lasts through October. Green fees for the 2015 golf season vary, and tee times are available to the public between 10:30 a.m. and 6 p.m.
AMENITIES & ACCOMMODATIONS
- New golf carts, equipped with state-of-the-art Global Positioning System (GPS), assist golfers with course navigation.
- Telluride Ski & Golf Club Platinum and silver memberships encompass golf, skiing, snowboarding, spa, fitness, dining, social events and other private amenities and exclusivities.
- The club expanded its game-improvement platform a year ago, naming Dale Abraham director of instruction. The 2013 Southwest Section PGA Teacher of the Year also is the club’s director of golf, managing the club’s overall operations, offering private lessons, and overseeing junior and golf fitness programs.
- This season, the club will direct a major expansion of the practice facility designed by noted course architect Ken Kavanaugh. Enhancements also will be made to some holes and club amenities.
- Telluride Golf Club and the Inn at Lost Creek have partnered to offer a “Golf-in, Golf-out” package. Available May 22 through October 4, it includes two rounds per player, two nights lodging and complimentary breakfast buffet, and golf club valet service.
- The Inn at Lost Creek features 32 unique and intimate suites in the Mountain Village core. Convenient to a multitude of activities and amenities, guests can also access the Telluride gondola, the area’s free public transportation system, for a quick and enjoyable ride into the historic town of Telluride.
- Among the accolades bestowed to The Inn at Lost Creek – U.S. News and World Report named it one of the “Best Hotels in the USA” and TripAdvisor ranked it 10th in the country.
- Telluride also works with the Peaks Resort and other lodging partners, and offers summer outdoor activities such as hiking, fishing and off-road exploring through various outfitters.