Telluride Increases Air Service for Winter Season
Major Flight Additions from DFW and PHX and Commercial Service Resumes to TEX
TELLURIDE, Colorado (September 8, 2016) – The Colorado Flight Alliance has recently announced the official schedule for nonstop air service coming into Montrose-Telluride Regional Airport (MTJ) for the 2016-2017 winter season as well as the return of commercial service to Telluride Regional Airport (TEX). This winter, visitors will have an increased range of options when planning a trip to Telluride, with a significant increase in the frequency of flights this season over last winter.
“The increased flight service this winter affords our guests more options whether they’re flying to Montrose-Telluride directly or connecting through a major hub,” said Bill Jensen, CEO of Telluride Ski & Golf Resort. “We know our guests want more options, and the Colorado Flight Alliance has worked to partner with the airlines to provide that, particularly from Dallas. With nonstop service beginning in November and increasing to twice daily service during peak periods, guests from Dallas as well as connecting from hubs in the south and northeast will benefit from this increased frequency.”
Starting on Saturday, December 17th, the Telluride Regional Airport (TEX), located just 10 minutes from Telluride Ski Resort, will welcome the return of daily commercial service from Denver International Airport (DEN). These new flights, provided by United Airlines’ partner Great Lakes, will allow United customers to connect through Denver and land directly in Telluride. These flights will run year-round with an average frequency of 10 flights per week.
Service highlights for the 16/17 winter:
- Daily flights on American Airlines from Dallas/Ft. Worth (DFW) will begin on Friday, November 18th and will increase to twice daily frequency during high-traffic periods.
- American Airlines service from Phoenix-Sky Harbor (PHX) will increase to daily frequency with service beginning Thursday, December 15th.
- Year-round service will resume into Telluride Regional Airport on Saturday, December 17th allowing for connections through Denver on United Airlines.
- Service will continue from Houston (IAH), New York (LGA & EWR), Chicago O’Hare (ORD), Los Angeles (LAX), and San Francisco International (SFO) Airports.
- Allegiant Airlines will offer twice-weekly, low cost flights to Montrose-Telluride Airport (MTJ) from Denver International Airport (DEN).
"The direct economic impact of added flights is invaluable to the region, and we look forward to continued growth along with the major increases in air service," said Michael Martelon, CEO of the Telluride Tourism Board.
This winter season, travelers can fly direct to Montrose-Telluride Regional Airport (MTJ) from 9 major cities, including Dallas, Phoenix, Houston, New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Atlanta and Denver. Direct flights to Telluride Regional Airport (TEX) are on Great Lakes Airlines, a partner of United Airlines.