Telluride Announces Summer Air Access Information for 2016
Record winter and increased flight traffic result in new additions from Dallas, Chicago and more to Telluride/Montrose Airport
TELLURIDE, Colorado (April 28, 2016) – This week, Colorado Flights announced the official schedule for air service coming in and out of Telluride/Montrose (MTJ) airport for summer 2016. After a record season this winter with the most flights to date, the 2016 air schedule will include daily direct flights from Chicago (ORD) as well as extended daily service from Dallas (DFW) and Houston (IAH). Flights will also be available from Los Angeles (LAX) twice a week, in addition to multiple daily flights from Denver (DEN).
“On the heels of our most successful winter season to date in terms of destination visitors, the timing is perfect to offer these additional flights to the region,” said Bill Jensen, CEO of Telluride Ski Resort. “We’re excited about the additional daily flights in September and October and accessibility for visitors to our region.”
This past winter, overall passenger traffic saw an approximate 7% increase, with a 26% increase over the last two seasons. The efforts of the Colorado Flights Alliance has pushed air traffic to new levels for the region with aggressive winter and summer growth, and this summer the region will now see direct flights from five major hubs:
- Chicago-O’Hare International Airport (ORD) – United Airlines will increase service from Chicago with daily service from July 1 – August 15. Wednesday and Saturday service will run June 11 – 29 and August 17 – September 3.
- Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) – American Airlines will offer daily flights from Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport, running from June 2 through October 5, allowing for easy access to the region for later season festivals and the peak gold leaf season. Aircrafts will also be upsized to allow for more passengers.
- Houston George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) – Daily direct service from Houston on United Airlines will begin on June 11 and run through September 4.
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) – Those traveling from the Los Angeles region can fly twice-weekly on American Airlines, with direct flights scheduled for Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- Denver International Airport (DEN) – direct flights from Denver will be running up to five times daily throughout the summer.
“With the strength and collaboration of our flights program, the entire region enjoys the economic advantages of consistent, reliable air service,” said Michael Martelon, president and CEO of the Telluride Tourism Board.
In addition to direct flights into the Telluride/Montrose Airport (MTJ), travelers also have a number of alternate options flying into Durango-La Plata Airport (DRO) and Grand Junction Regional Airport (GJT).
About Telluride Ski & Golf
Telluride Ski & Golf, rated the #1 ski resort in North America by Conde Nast Traveler (2013, 2014 & 2015), offers spectacular skiing, riding, golf and recreation opportunities. Located in the San Juan Mountains of southwest Colorado, Telluride is tucked among the highest concentration of 13,000 and 14,000 foot peaks in North America. From families to thrill seekers, the ski resort offers unmatched scenic beauty and incredible terrain consisting of 127 trails and over 2,000 acres. Golfers can enjoy teeing off on one of the highest altitude courses with an 18-hole par-70, 6,574-yard course at 9,417 feet above sea level. While visiting Telluride, take advantage of world-class dining, sophisticated shopping options, luxury hotels and exquisite spas all offering exceptional service. Non-stop flights are available from 11 major hubs, and the free gondola transportation system makes getting around Telluride easy. For more information visit, www.tellurideskiresort.com.