The final days of ski season are upon us and conditions on the slopes are spectacular thanks to the second snowiest season in our history. With over 315” of snowfall, this winter offered amazing powder days, blue skies, and tremendous memories for guests.
Join us as we put an exclamation mark on the season with the Annual Pond Skim at Gorrono Ranch, one of the most memorable events of the season. With costumes, creative skimming technique and always-entertaining wipeouts, the event is certain to be a hit again this Sunday April 2.
Pond Skim registration is free and particpation will be capped at 100 entrants, no exceptions. Registration begins at 10am sharp at Gorrono Ranch (a single file line will be both encouraged and appreciated). Entrants must be 12-years or older to participate and all juniors ages 12 to 17 are required to have a parent present at the time of registration in order to register. Sorry, no exceptions!
- 10 AM to 11 AM – Pond Skim Registration @ Gorrono Ranch
- 12 PM to 2 PM – Pond Skim @ Gorrono Ranch
- 1:30 PM – Cousin Curtiss Performs @ The Mountain Village Plaza Main Stage
- 2: 45 PM – Last Call for Alcohol @ Gorrono Ranch
- 3:00 PM – Finish Your Beers! Gorrono Closes for the Season
- 3:15 PM – G Love & Special Sauce Perform @ The Mountain Village Plaza Main Stage
- 3:30 PM – Upper Mountain Lifts Close for the Season
- 4:00 PM – The Chondola (Lift 1), Mountain Village Express (Lift 4) and the Gondola close to skier access for the Season
Note: the Chondola and Village Express close early to allow everyone to participate in the closing day celebration.
Closing Day Music Schedule
- 12:00 PM – DJ Soul Atomic Kicks off Live Music at Gorrono
- 1:30 PM – Cousin Curtiss Begins the Closing Day Celebrations on the Mountain Village Main Stage
- 3:15 PM – G Love & Special Sauce Perform on the Main Stage (entertainment ends around 4:45 PM)
Join us for fun in the sun and snow as we enjoy the final days of the 2016-2017 winter season.
Haven’t booked your visit yet? The snow is amazing and Closing Day is one day on the mountain that you should not miss. There’s still plenty of time to book your visit to Telluride for the coming weekend. Looking for a ski-in/ski-out hotel? Try the beautiful Peaks Resort & Spa or the charming Inn at Lost Creek for easy access to all of our Closing Day fun. Looking for something a bit more unique? Check out the vacation properties offered by Telluride Resort Lodging. No matter where you stay, you’re guaranteed to have a great time sending off another wonderful season.