Explore a part of Telluride Ski Resort that is normally unseen by the average skier.
A knowledgeable, local snowshoe guide will lead you through a winter wonderland and provide information on Telluride wildlife, trees, geology, history, climate, etc. Tours provide educational recreation for all abilities.
Please wear warm clothing, ski pants and hiking/snow boots. Each tour includes foot passenger lift ticket, snowshoes, poles if desired and guided tour. Snacks and water are provided, but guests are encouraged to bring his/her own water bottle.
Guided Snowshoe Tours
Explore part of the Telluride Ski Resort that is unseen by the ordinary skier! Our expert naturalist snowshoe guides will lead you through a winter wonderland, as you search for signs of wildlife and learn about our surrounding natural world. Tours depart daily at 10AM from Eco Adventures.
- Price includes foot passenger lift ticket, snowshoes, poles if desired & guided tour.
- Tours depart at 10AM daily from Eco Adventures in the Franz Klammer Breezeway.
- This tour is designed for adults (18+) only.
- Guests should wear layered, warm clothing, ski pants and hiking/snow boots.
- No snowshoe experience is necessary, but guests should be physically fit and prepared for at least 2 hours of snowshoeing.
- Group travels from the Plaza to the TopATen warming hut via the Sunshine Express lift, where they will strap on snowshoes.
- The tour is a 3.5 hour time commitment, but the actual hiking time is approximately 2 hours.
- Travel will be through forests and meadows on trails within the TopATen Nordic & Snowshoe area.
- The Snowshoe Guide is a knowledgeable local that will provide information on Telluride wildlife, trees, geology, history, climate, etc. Tour provides educational recreation for all abilities.
- Snacks and water are provided, but guests need to bring a water bottle. Reusable water bottles are available for purchase at Eco Adventures. Snowshoe participants receive 20% off water bottles on the day of the tour.
- Private Snowshoe Tours are also available at Eco Adventures for $275 (1-6 participants).
- We request 48 hours notice for Private tours.
- We rent snowshoes without the tour for $20
Ages: Adults 18 & up.
Tours depart daily at 10am from Eco Adventures in the Franz Klammer Breezeway
Starting at $65 per person, or $55 per person for pass holders.
Call (970) 728-7300 to book your adventure over the phone.
Adult Group Tours
- Tours depart at 10AM daily from Eco Adventures in the Franz Klammer Breezeway. Reservations are helpful but not required.
- Guided snowshoe tours cost $65.00 per person or $55.00 for season pass holders.
- No snowshoe experience is necessary, but guests should be physically fit and prepared for at least 2 hours of snowshoeing through forests and meadows on unmaintained trails within the TopATen Nordic & Snowshoe area.
Private tours are available every day for those folks who want to go at their own pace, or want a special experience catered to their tastes. Private tours are four hours long and include a hearty snack. Please contact us at least 48 hours in advance.
Wine, cheese and snowshoe pairings also available for private parties. Customized for a couple or a small group, our tee pee can be transformed into a cozy setting at twilight for a private gathering.
- Designed for individuals, families or groups who want a customized tour based on their specific needs.
- $275 for up to 6 people.
- Private tours can last anywhere from 3-5 hours, depending on your group’s requests.
- Please contact us at least 48 hours in advance to schedule.
- We are happy to include lunch or wine and cheese for an additional fee.