Explore a part of Telluride Ski Resort that is normally unseen by the average skier.
A knowledgeable, local snowshoe guide will lead you through a winter wonderland and provide information on Telluride wildlife, trees, geology, history, climate, etc. Tours provide educational recreation for all abilities.
Please wear warm clothing, ski pants and hiking/snow boots. Each tour includes foot passenger lift ticket, snowshoes, poles if desired and guided tour. Snacks and water are provided, but guests are encouraged to bring his/her own water bottle.
Guided Snowshoe Tours
Educational snowshoe tours with a local naturalist are available at 10:00 a.m. daily from the Mountain Village Activity Center. Experience an exhilarating 2 to 3 hour snowshoe hike through the forest at 11,000 feet while learning about Telluride's unique environment. Private tours are also available. Snowshoes and lift ticket to touring area provided, no experience necessary. Tickets for the TopAten Nordic and Snowshoe Area are available at the Mountain Village Activity Center located at the bottom of the gondola stairs.
Adult Group Tours
- Tours depart at 10AM daily from Eco Adventures in the Franz Klammer Breezeway. Reservations are helpful but not required.
- Guided snowshoe tours cost $65.00 per person or $55.00 for season pass holders.
- No snowshoe experience is necessary, but guests should be physically fit and prepared for at least 2 hours of snowshoeing through forests and meadows on unmaintained trails within the TopATen Nordic & Snowshoe area.
Private tours are available every day for those folks who want to go at their own pace, or want a special experience catered to their tastes. Private tours are four hours long and include a hearty snack. Please contact us at least 48 hours in advance.
Wine, cheese and snowshoe pairings also available for private parties. Customized for a couple or a small group, our tee pee can be transformed into a cozy setting at twilight for a private gathering.
- Designed for individuals, families or groups who want a customized tour based on their specific needs.
- $275 for up to 6 people.
- Private tours can last anywhere from 3-5 hours, depending on your group’s requests.
- Please contact us at least 48 hours in advance to schedule.
- We are happy to include lunch or wine and cheese for an additional fee.