Unmatched in North America
Telski uses approximately 80 million gallons of water a year for ski resort operations, with about 75 million of those gallons used for snowmaking. We are in the process a phased redesign of our snowmaking system to improve efficiency and broken lines are identified, repaired or replaced seasonally. The golf course used about 30 million gallons per season.
- Updated irrigation system ($.5 million) on golf course to allow for more efficient watering. Estimated savings of 30 percent electricity and water.
- Over $3 million for purchase of new, efficient snowmaking guns to conserve water and energy .
- Construction of two snowmaking storage ponds to increase efficiency and protect water sources during low-flow times of year.
- Replacing broken snowmaking lines on Misty Maiden and Meadows.
- 5-year master plan for snowmaking system to replace compressor house and increase air pressure efficiency, energy and water usage. Will reduce need to use snowmobiles and fuel to turn system off and on and will be automated.